Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hi Everyone!  Today I have a tutorial for  Frosted Designs.  This tutorial shows you how I made my "Creativity with Texture" canvas.  For my project I have used Heidi Swapp's butterfly stencil with Golden Molding PasteDylousions Ink Spray, and the Um Wow Heart Confetti.










I started by putting some of the hearts around on my canvas.  (You can use any surface for this project.)  I used the hearts as a stencil along with the butterfly stencil.


Next, I used Calypso Teal and Dirty Martini Dylusion Spray and spritzed my canvas with them.




Then I positioned the stencil where I wanted the butterflies.


I spread the molding paste around with an old store "rewards" card but anything stiff to spread it will work.


I just continued to spread the molding paste until I had the thickness I desired.




Then its time to carefully peel the stencil away from the surface.  I love the way these stencils just wash off with running water.






A lesson I learned with this project is that the molding paste took on the color of the mist.  I hadn't quite planned on that!  But in the end the colored butterflies grew on me.  :)  I added the Um Wow hearts back on to my canvas for added texture.




Lastly, I used letter stickers to add a saying.


I hope you will join us for the "Creativity with Texture" challenge.  Don't forget to check out the Frosted Designs Store for great products including those I have used here.

Tomorrow will be the Grand Opening Blog Hop for the Frosted Designs store!!  I will be participating along with several other designers.  I would LOVE for you to play along with us!  There will be PRIZES, DISCOUNTS, and as always INSPIRATION!!!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas!! Thank you for showing us how you created it!! I love the look of molding paste and you make me want to give it a try!! :)

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)