Friday, March 2, 2012

NZ Paper Chase...

I've recently found a New Zealand magazine NZ Paper Chase that has monthly challenges to play along with.  My super talented best friend Lynne is on their elite Design Team and I am going to have two layouts published in their next issue!!  I'm super excited about that.  Anyway......I played along with their March sketch challenge.  You can see the sketch here.  There was an added challenge of using paint or ink under your photo along with some patterned paper.

This photo is of my son Aden and Lynne's daughter Charli.  I just LOVE this shot.  We were snapping away and all of a sudden she makes THIS face.  I am so glad I caught it.  It makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Here is my take on the sketch.  I have always loved the look of really layered layouts and just can't ever seem to get it just how I really want it.  This layout....I love.  I did exactly what I wanted to achieve.  :)


flowers, doilies, buttons, sprays, lace, paper, beads, twine, sticker words, paint......


Do you see that face of Charli's????  I just love that girl.





Thanks for stopping by to take a look!  I'll be back with more projects soon.  :)

8 comments:

  1. Lydia this is a beautiful creative take on our sketch challenge, I love how you have used paint to draw the eye into your delightful photo. Thankyou for taking part in our challenge. I look forward to seeing more of your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning Lydia, I love everything about it! awesome photo of the kiddies. Love you colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, this is fantastic! your style is really evolving, and I think it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lydia! What a stunning page. So beautiful and detailed. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a FACE!!! I love your layering on this Lydia!! I struggle with that technique also, but I think you nailed it on this layout! And BIG Congrats on your upcoming publication news!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...I LOVE THIS!! The colours and the paint and the layers LOVE IT!! congrats on the publication too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL yip that girl is def mine hahahah. Love how this LO came together for you..and the colours...gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with NZ Paperchase too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome. and congrats on the featured layouts in the paper. you are very talented.. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)