Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...

Today is Thanksgiving in America.  Today in New Zealand, its just another Thursday.  Typically, we would be surrounded by family and a heap of amazing smelling foods.  It would have taken all day to prepare the turkey and work on the side dishes like mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, other veggies, and of course the pies!  We did celebrate Thanksgiving last week with some Kiwi friends which was so nice but today was just a little sad for me.  We were able to SKYPE with Bryce's family in Kansas.  That was great but reminded us that we were not there.  I know New Zealand is where we are suppose to be in this time of life, but boy on days like today it is really hard.  Man....Christmas is going to be a tough one.

So today, Bryce and I had Indian for lunch and we fixed Mexican for tea (dinner).  I did pull out the Thanksgiving napkins my mom sent me.  They might have seemed a little strange with tacos but it was my little reminder of the day.  The weather was nice here.  I was able to open the windows...in fact at 7:49pm they are still open....and wear capris and jandals.  Hmmm....how strange to my midwest American mind that says it should be jean and sweater weather anticipating the first snowfall.  


Today, even though its not Thanksgiving here, I can still be thankful.  I'm thankful for my husband who is so great and always knows when I need a hug and not words.  I'm thankful for my boys.  They just roll with the punches.  They are so sweet and loving and yet all boy being noisy, dirty, and so much fun. I'm thankful for my extended family.  Without their support, I don't know how I could live here.  I'm thankful for my best friends.  Their emails, care packages, and encouragement mean the world to me.  I'm thankful my oven lists the heating temperatures in both C* and F*!!  And I'm most thankful for my Jesus.  Without Him, I wouldn't have a home waiting for me in Heaven and a hope for living here on earth.  

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)