Friday, February 11, 2011

Daily routine

Last post, I had many comments wondering where I found the time to get all those layouts done.  I have no idea if any of those ladies will be back and even read this post but I thought I'd give a little insight to my day for those that do visit my blog regularly.  I wake up around 6:30 and try to be out the door by 6:45 for my 3k daily walk.  I throw in a load of laundry before I leave and its usually finishing up when I arrive back home.  The art of laundry is something that I have worked hard to perfect here in New Zealand.  See, it rains almost every day for at least a part of the day here.  They don't call it the land of the long white cloud for nothing!  If I wake up and there are no clouds, no grey skies, and chances for afternoon rain, I get right on my laundry.  I can do wash 3 loads in 90 minutes but the drying time depends on the weather.  On sunny and slightly windy days, one load dries in about 45 minutes.  On not such great drying days, it might take most of the day to get dry.  And thats provided it doesn't rain or I get them inside and onto my drying racks before it rains too hard.  We do have an electric dryer but it would only hold about 2 pairs of jeans and takes over an hour to dry those.  Not very practical for a family of 5!

The boys head to school just after 8:30.  Bryce and I take turns walking Aden and Ian to their primary school just 2 blocks away and driving Aron to intermediate school about 2k away.  Most days, my day consists of running errands like grocery shopping, cleaning house, stopping in at the local scrap store or having a friend over for coffee.  We are just beginning to get involved with our son's schools as well by volunteering.  That particular day, I just happend to have already cleaned house and had a free day.  It was so refreshing to have a day where I could just sit and create.  The boys all get out of school at 3 so one of us does the walking and the other the driving.  The boys get changed out of their uniforms and have afternoon tea (snack) before playing outside or watching a cartoon on TV.

Typically I try to squeeze in some scrapping time before tea (dinner), about 5:30-6:00pm.  I am fortunate enough to have a space to call my own and I can walk in and out to push embellishements around or add something here or there to my layout.  The boys do homework right after tea and get their lunch boxes ready for the next day.  Reading happens about 7:30pm and bedtime is at 8:00.  Sometimes I will work on a project after tea or just hang out in the lounge with Bryce watching some TV or blog hopping on the computer looking for inspiration or emailing friends and family.

So, there you have it a little peek into my daily routine.  I hope you've enjoyed hearing about what fills my day.  Oh, and just for fun, here's a note I found from Aden's Kindergarten days.  I love it that he wouldn't trade me for a goat.  A goat???

1 comment:

  1. I am always amazed how much a mom can squeeze into her day. Nothing better really! I often think about what I am going to do with all the time when Maisie leaves for college. Stop! Can't think about that anymore. I am lovin' the kindergarten paper. Too funny!


Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)