Sunday, April 10, 2011

Scrapbookers Anonymous design team call...

Over the past few months, I have really enjoyed playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous.  The idea behind this online challenge site is to dig into the stash of scrapbook stuff you already have and use it up.  I really like that idea.  I have many scrapbook things....paper, embellishments, alphas....that I just love.  Sometimes its hard to use them because....well, then they would be used up!  But then again, I bought them in the first place because I really loved them.  And if I use them up, then I have room for the new things that I need.  (and yes, need is the right word!)  Right???

This particular layout is my submission for their Design Team call.  When I saw the call, right away I knew I wanted to enter.  Then I thought "oh, but then I can't be eligible for their prizes......which I can win new stuff if I'm picked."  Well, I have decided that I wanted to go ahead and risk the chance of not getting picked to receive the monthly prize.  So here it is, my layout.


The challenge for this design team call was to dig in your stash and use stamps.  Stamps????  I am not nor have ever claimed to be a stamper.  In fact, pretty much the opposite.  The challenge was to use stamps to make our own patterned paper and at least 3 stamped embellishments.  Now I do have stamps.  I just don't use them much.  Perfect challenge for me!  I have these doily stamps that I just love.  I haven't had them too long but they were in my stash!  So I decided to use them to create a boarder on my page.  Then to make the black doilies for my embellishments.  I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

Since Scrapbookers Anonymous challenges us to dig in our stash, I tried to do that for this page as well.  The buttons are some that have stayed in my stash because I just loved them "too much" to use.  The butterfly ribbon is some that I picked up well before we moved here (which was over 10 months ago).  The cork #4 is from some stickers I've had for ages.  Last but not least, the letter stickers "you"....well, I've had them so long they have lost their sticky-ness!  I had to glue them on.  :)

Thank you Scrapbookers Anonymous.....not only have you helped me dig into my stash and use it, I also now know how to spell "anonymous" without looking it up!  :)

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful...I like it... great photo too... Good Luck... Thanks for sharing... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia.. your LO is gorgeous! I love the way you used the stamps for your border and the black doilies are fabulous! Good luck with the dt submission... I personally think they would be crazy to not snatch you up!!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOod luck on the DT! It's a gorgeous LO! I really like that background you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout Lydia - good luck with the DT call :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)