Friday, July 1, 2011

Frosted Designs...

Hello Everyone!  I'm beginning to think that there is more than one Friday in a week.  It sure seems to come around fast!  :)  But since it is Friday, Frosted Designs has a new challenge for you.  The challenge this time around is to use a vintage photo on your project or layout.  When we moved to New Zealand, I didn't bring any with me so I asked my mom to send me some.  Well, this ash cloud from the volcano in Chili has delayed the mail getting to New Zealand.  Its been three weeks since my mom mailed the letter with the photos and I still haven't seen them.  Thankfully my friend Lynne gave me a couple photos to work with.  (Thanks Michelle for the photo email too!)

Out for Publication!!!!!!!


My friend Jess gave me this beautiful, handmade doily.  I just love it and it was perfect for this layout.  It was hard to photograph but I used it as a mask in the upper right hand corner before securing it where it is.


Well, wouldn't you know....I received the photos from my mom!  I thought I'd also post this layout with photos of my grandma and her sister.  I'm so glad to have a piece of my history.  Aren't they beautiful?  So stylish.

Out for Publication!!!!!!!!

I hope you have some vintage photos that you can use on your project or layout.  Make sure you link them up to Frosted Designs so I can check them out.  Have a great week and I'll see you next Friday!

3 comments:

  1. That turned out so awesome! I love it so much. Grandma Gilmore was such a sweet lady. Miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the doily and the cluster of flowers. so elegant. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous doily. I found a box of old photos last week, so I may have a go at this. so glad you got your pictures at last and it's a beautiful LO.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)