Thursday, June 24, 2010

Leaving my mark.....


This morning I walked to the beach.  From the house we are renting, it is a good 20 minutes at a brisk pace.  I was hoping to get there as the sun was coming up to capture it on film.  Today there were too many clouds to see the actual sunrise.  By the way, those clouds have stuck around all day!  I did get some pretty shots but not exactly the ones I was hoping for.  As I walked closer to the ocean, I realized that the tide had washed the beach smooth.  Where I was, my footprints were the first ones made.  It was really cool to think that the water had enough force to wipe away all the holes, footprints, dog tracks, and most of the driftwood off the beach.  There were a few shells here and there that had been washed ashore by those same waves.  Although I knew I wouldn't be the only one on that beach today, it was fun to be the first.  To make my mark!

I can hardly believe we have been in New Zealand for just over 3 weeks!  I plan to visit many other beaches and hopefully make my mark there too!
Cheers!!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)