Thursday, August 19, 2010

Birdling Flats...

Last weekend, we visited Birdling Flats.  Its a stone beach about 45 minutes from Christchurch.  We had been told you could find semi-precious stones there.  We had a great time digging around in the stones and watching the HUGE waves!  It struck me how beautiful and blue the ocean was that day.  It was a pretty contrast to the white waves.  Aden just loved sitting in one spot with his "digging" stick.  I sat behind him and just watched how intent he was on finding pretty stones.  Once he looked up and around to find me.  When I reassured him I was still there, he smiled and went back to digging.  It warmed my heart to know that he felt safe on that big beach with those huge waves knowing I was right there with him.

2 comments:

  1. WOW that beach is so cool. I love the rocks, they look so smooth. I am glad they had a good time. Maybe you'll find a big honkin diamond and fly me over!lol I am so glad you guys are settled and enjoying life. Make me happy! :)
    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to find a big honkin' diamond!!! And yes, I'd trade it in for a plane ticket. : ) Love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)