Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mixed Emotions...and a few layouts...

Design Dollies

Sketchy Thursdays
Today my in-laws left after their month long visit.  It was SO good to have them here.  We enjoyed seeing some sights, visiting our first home Christchurch, and just hanging out with a cup of coffee and playing cards.  Oh how we will miss them.  Yesterday we decided we needed to climb the World's


Steepest Street, Baldwin Street here in Dunedin.  Its quite the climb but I'm glad we did it as a family.

We are happy that our teammates are here with us. Not only in Dunedin but here in our house.  I think that will help make today not quite as sad.  The boys are starting school tomorrow!  New school year, new school.  They are anxious and happy to go meet new friends.  What a week!!!


I have snuck some moments away to complete a couple layouts.  The first one is a new challenge I've found.  DesignDollies had a great sketch this week and I knew right away it was perfect for Aden's "Kiwi" feet.  He loves that he can be barefoot any time, any place.

Next layout is for SketchyThursdays challenge this week.  While my mother-in-law was here, she took me to my local (YES, I said LOCAL!!!) scrapbook store and bought me the Basic Grey collections Marjolaine.  Thanks, Jan!!!  I LOVE it!  The blues, browns, and greens are just my colors.  It worked great for both these layouts.  I love this picture of Aron in his red jersey walking away from me.  I almost didn't catch him but so thankful I did.  It made me reflective of where he is in life.  Having just turned 11, he is gleefully calling himself a pre teen.  Yikes....not sure if I'm ready for those teenage years yet.  So I'll hold on tight to these days we have now.

So thankful for this last month that has brought many smiles and many moments to remember.  And of course, scrapbook!

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous page and fun colors!!! thanks soo much for playing with the Dollies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Especially loving the photo in 'Kiwi' feet, and your awesome work with colour. And the journalling in the second layout hits a bit close to home with me too - my daughter just turned 10 and it's SO important to hang on to every single moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo's of that climb!love The Kiwi feet page! And I love your take on the ST sketch! Beautiful photo! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a FAB TIME!! I love love love love love the photos and the colors!!! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout. Love the "Kiwi" Feet ; )
    Thanks for playing with the Dollies!!!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)