Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life with a little scrapbooking thrown in...

Last week I took a canvas class taught by my super talented friend Lynne.  I have looked at projects such as this one and thought "I'd love to make that.....but I can't."  Well, let me tell you....I CAN make projects like "that".  I had such a great time that night!!  Messy hands=fun times!!!


And here's my finished canvas.  I am SO proud of this piece of art!  I can't wait to make another one!


Every Sunday night, we have tea (dinner) with our friends Tony and Kelsey.  It was our turn to provide tea so we thought we'd do something a little different.  We took a picnic tea on a hike to Tunnel Beach.  As we are sitting on top of a cliff eating tea, I just had to pinch myself.  "Yeah, I LIVE here!"  Its been over 9 months and I still haven't gotten over that.  And honestly, I hope I never get over it.  I love it here!




I did get a layout finished last night after a day spent mowing, weeding, and washing bedding.  I was happy to get this one moved off my desk.  The Tuesday Sketch gals at Frosted Designs had a great sketch so I thought I'd play along with them.  You can find the sketch here.  Come along and play with us!


When we visited my brother and his family in Las Vegas, we played at this local park.  Aron wanted me to get this jump on film so he kept jumping and jumping and jumping!  I kept taking pictures until he was satisfied with the shots I got.  I was pretty happy with them too.  :)

Oh, and just for fun....Aden lost a tooth last night!  Actually he pulled it 45 minutes after he was suppose to be alseep.  :)  He's so cute with that hole right in front.  I'm hoping he loses the one next to it before the adult tooth comes in.  I love that gaping hole in the front!  Sooo cute!!

7 comments:

  1. Can you do it....Yes you DID!!!! It's even more amazing irl.
    And wow how amazing is that picture you took at Tunnel beach. We are so very blessed to have such beautiful places so close to our homes here in Dunedin. Pleased you like it here, I loved it your family is here too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is fantastic! I love how everything pops off the black background. This pics are wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, when fingers look that messy it means that the crafting session was a success. My fingers looks like that all the time :)))
    I absolutely adore your finished canvas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pics!! :) Love your canvas! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture, the boy really can jump!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a super cool layout and such a great take on the sketch.. Thnx for playing along with us girls over at Frosted Designs..
    hugs
    nanné

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lydia, your canvas is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! WOW, I can't get over the beautiful details!!!
    Not for sure it I welcomed you to the FD Team, if not, a Big Welcome!!
    The layout you did of your son is amazing!!! Love those action shots!!! So glad you found the time to play with us over on the sketch team!!
    Have a wonderful week!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)