Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Triathalon and Sketchy Thursdays...

Yesterday two of the boys participated in the much anticipated school triathalon.  It had been scheduled for Sunday but due to the downpour of rain, it was postponed.  Tuesday was not pourning but we did get sprinkled on while the wind blew a chilly breeze.  Aden did not want to run so he participated with a team and did the biking and swimming.  He did great and I was so proud!


This is Aden and his teacher Mrs. Powell.  He had just been tagged and it was time to get going on his bike!


Even though he started out last, he passed a couple kids on the track.  Way to go Aden!!  Next was swimming four laps of the pool.  He's in all that splashing I promise.  :)  School swimming lessons have really helped him swim better.  I was impressed!


Everyone who particiapted got a chocolate bar.  Yum!!  Great job Aden!!!


Next was Ian's turn.  He wanted to do all three events so first up was running.  I love that they ran with their togs (swim suits) and bike helmets on.  :)


Then came the biking.  Ian did a great job and even passed a couple kids!  Ian loved to jump this wee curb instead of keeping to the path.  He must have thought it gave him an advantage....or was just cool to do!



Then came the swimming.  Ian too is doing much better with his swimming.  I'm so proud!!


And once again, a chocolate bar was the prize.  Way to go Ian!!!!  Great triathalon!!!!


It will be fun to scrapbook these pictures when they get back from the printer.  In the meantime, I used some older pictures that I just love for this week's challenge at Sketchy Thursdays.  We dog sat Rory about 5 months ago or so and the boys just love her.  Aden especially loves it when she licks him.  He just giggles and Rory seems to love that too.  These pictures were perfect for this week's sketch.  


I really thought this layout would be about either the dog sitting or Aden's laugh.  I love that I can see this a genuine laugh for him.  But that picture of Bryce looking right at me just stuck out to me.  So my layout became more focused on him than the events of the photos.  I love it when that happens.  Those types of layouts come from my heart and not my head.  

1 comment:

  1. This layout is so beautiful, love the colors! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)